Friday, September 11, 2015

A Few Photos Of Vert Stadium and Witcher Athletic Center



These are a few of my best shots of Vert Stadium and just outside Witcher Athletic Center.

My friend Zach and I were stuck in a rain delay before yesterday's soccer game when we snagged the first two photos.  The third photo was taken in April.

I don't take pictures often.  But when I do, they are usually pretty good ones out here.  Its these sort of moments that I feel cannot be taken for granted.  I can't believe how unbelievable lucky I am to go to this school and have the opportunities that I do.  Of the hundreds of colleges in the United States, photos like these prove that High Point University is without a doubt in the top tier of aesthetically pleasing campuses.

I'm also pretty sure that the rainbow visible in the first photo is the only one I've ever seen in it's entirety.  The only time I've ever gotten a full view of an entire rainbow like that was on the internet, and there was a bearded man yelling to the camera, "It's a double rainbow!"

One thing I should note is that I learned that panorama photos are actually very difficult.  I took about ten different panorama photos of this rainbow before I could actually get one that didn't seem distorted.  I don't know whether that fault should be credited toward the camera or myself, however Zach seemed to get the basically the exact same photo in about one or two tries, so I'm pretty sure that I just needed some practice.

Anyways, after all of that hard work and standing in the rain for a couple of hours, these photos were well worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment